Monday, September 3, 2007

ANDERSON ENJOYS UNITED BOW

Anderson is hoping to build on his Manchester United debut after describing the experience as "amazing".

The former Porto star, 19, played the first half of United's Premier League clash with Sunderland before being replaced by Louis Saha who scored the winner in a 1-0 victory.

With Chelsea losing to Aston Villa, United are only two points behind their Premier League rivals.

Anderson enjoyed performing in front of over 75,000 supporters at Old Trafford.

"It was amazing, not just for me but for my family as well," he said.

"As a young boy it was always my dream to play for a big European club.

"I was lucky enough to do it with Porto and now I am at United. I feel proud to be here and I want to do my best."

However, Anderson took his time before making the switch to the Premier League.

He said: "I heard about United some time ago through my agent but we thought it would be better for me to wait a little bit longer.

"I was doing well at Porto and knew that joining a club like United would bring its own pressure.

"But when they expressed an interest in me again in the summer I felt it was the right time."

Anderson was given an insight into United from Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo and liked what he heard.

"He told me about the club and what a great place it is, " Anderson told www.manutd.com.

"Joining United is a dream come true for any footballer in the world."

Anderson is already being talked up by some pundits as the new Ronaldinho.

But United's new recruit believes he has a long way to go to emulate his fellow Brazilian.

Anderson said: "You have to remember that Ronaldinho is an established top-class footballer.

"He has been named the best player in the world twice. He is a great guy and a good friend of mine.

"But no two players are the same. It is an honour to play alongside him, it's something every footballer in the world would like to do.

"He is a great player and I hope one day I can reach the level he is at."

Taken from =football365=

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home